Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sheng Wang, Chinatown NYC

I LOVE CHINESE FOOD. I mean home-style, authentic, Chinese food. And luckily the Chinatown in New York has some of the best authentic Chinese food on this side of the world. I discovered Sheng Weng through what I think was, divine intervention. I get Yelp emails to my inbox because I love food! The email of the day was the best ramen spots. This instantly made me crave a big bowl of home-style ramen! This restaurant had amazing reviews so I had to trek downtown to try it for myself. From the outside, the place looks ordinary, much like the other Chinese shops in the area. But step down into a world of wonderful! Apparently I'm late on discovering this gem because it was pretty busy for dinner. But thankfully, the restaurant has plenty of seating. This place is unique because this place pulls their own noodles! They also make their wontons and dumplings - the old fashioned way - and right in front of you too! I ordered 12 steamed dumplings to start, which costed a few dollars, and it was so perfect! I ordered a bowl of beef noodle ramen and it was SO good! You can taste the freshness in every dish. The prices are cheap but the food is not cheap quality! This place is blows my mind for ramen!  You just have to try it for yourself! 

http://www.yelp.com/biz/sheng-wang-new-york

Average Plate Prices
Hand-pulled noodles $4-6
Special Appetizers $2-4
Rice Plates $3-6







No comments:

Post a Comment