Thursday, January 24, 2013

DIY: Terrarium

I was inspired by Pinterest and Martha Stuart to create a terrarium. Mine didn't come out as nice as hers, but they are still cute! When you need a little greenery around the house, but want it to be low maintenance - these are perfect! I can't keep a plant alive to save my own life! So I am a fan of these little suckers - I mean succulents.  You can buy the plants and dirt at Home Depot and the glasses and rocks from a craft store like Michael's or AC Moore. Make sure to put a few rocks on the bottom for water drainage. Then add the dirt, and decorate with more rocks on top. The aloe on the left eventually got so tall I had to move it to the tall glass vase on the right, and it still outgrew that. My advice for potting these... give them room to grow. Get a little dirty and have fun! 
xoxo, 
Sandy






No comments:

Post a Comment