Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Last night in Florence. Dinner at Acqua Al 2

In the States, there are weeks that go by without me feeling a need to drink coffee. But whenever I'm in Europe, I am suddenly drinking cappuccinos twice a day! There is nothing more satisfying than breaking up the day of sightseeing than unwinding in a coffee shop, people-watching, and finding relief in seeing the bottom of the cup. So the evening began the same way the morning began... with a cup of cappuccino.

Sadly, tonight is the last night in Florence. This is such an incredible city and is my all-time favorite city, rivaling Paris. Dinner had to be especially special tonight and I've always wanted to try Acqua Al 2 from hearing how great the restaurant is from people who have ate here. They have 3 restaurants in the world - Florence, San Diego, and their newest one in Washington DC. The food was very delicious and would highly recommend this restaurant. The downside was the wait time for a table because this place is VERY popular. However, the maĆ®tre d' was very accommodating. He gave us patrons a glass of Prosecco while we waited. How nice right? To get a sample of everything and to make things easy, I would highly recommend getting the chef's tasting menu. The pasta tasting menu consisted of 5 pasta dishes. One pasta dish after another kept coming out, which made me very happy. The entree tasting was of both of their famous, world-renowned steaks - blueberry and balsamic. I personally like balsamic steak better because it isn't as sweet as the blueberry. But they are famous for both steaks, so regardless, you have to try both! Dessert was a tiramisu (my fav). The tiramisu is like a pudding here, and was very delicious. Overall, this restaurant was a great experience, and if I'm ever in San Diego or Washington, I'd eat here again to take me back to Florence, Italy... if only for a few hours.

Via della Vigna Vecchia, 40  50122 Florence, Italy
055 284170













1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Sandy! Thanks for sharing, it all looks so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete