Sunday, March 18, 2012

Statler Grill, New York City

Statler Grill is located minutes away from Pennslyvania Station and Madison Square Garden. It is a steakhouse but I was simply interested in seafood that day so I got a lobster Club Sandwich. The menu says they use a whole 1 1/4 Lb Lobster, Mayonnaise, Lettuce, Bacon, Onion, Avocado on a Brioche Bun, With Shoestring Potatoes. I personally like whole lobsters used in my sandwiches so the description got me. I thought it was very good, except for the bread. Personally, it was too much bread for me. If this came on a bun, it would be perfect. However, the service was good and it wasn't too packed compared to most restaurants in the area if you're looking for a quick lunch spot. My only other criticism is that its a little expensive for what you get. For the same price point, there are comparable or better restaurants. But its not bad. I will return here, and when I do... I'll try the steak! 

Update: A friend said to try the Lamb Shanks... Thanks Benny! 


Lobster Club Sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment