Sunday, January 29, 2012

Poached Eggs for Breakfast

I love breakfast and breakfast loves me. It's the most important meal of the day but I can have breakfast any time of the day! One breakfast food that's always been challenging to me is poached eggs! I havent been able to make poached eggs without it turning out like egg-drop soup. One night of watching the Food or Cooking channel, I saw a chef that made them perfectly. So thanks to the modern technology of You-Tube, I watched several videos of how to make perfect poached eggs. This weekend, I decided to put my research to the test. I am happy to say these are the best poached eggs I've made thus far! The secret (for me) was not the whirl-pool method! I just cracked individual eggs in a small bowl and gently dropped it in the water when it is simmering (not boiling). I was careful not to disturb it and scooped them out when they looked firmer, but still soft to the touch. I put them over a toasted french baguette from the bakery and simply added salt and pepper. I enjoyed it with oatmeal and bananas making this one HEALTHY and DELICIOUS breakfast!


No comments:

Post a Comment