Sunday, January 29, 2012

Wafas, Queens NY

I wish I could write my blog entries the day of, but I'm usually a day behind. Hope you can forgive me! Yesterday was Saturday and lunch was at a Middle Eastern restaurant called Wafa's on Metropolitan Avenue in Queens. I've honestly never really tried home-cooked middle eastern food and to be honest, I've just never had a craving for it. Although I do love the spices from this region. I was taken here for lunch and I am so glad I tried it. It was very delicious and I would definitely come back. Below are photos of the chicken and lamb shawerma platter. Also got a salad for the appetizer and rice pudding for dessert, which was devoured far too quickly before I could take a photo, but that's how good it was!

When it comes to food, I consider myself very adventurous. Im glad I tried this, and 2 more types of food I'd like to try but never have is Ethiopian and Haitian food. And I know the Haitian restaurant I want to try to! It's Tap Tap Haitian Restaurant in Miami Fl. Next time I'm in Miami, I'll let you know how it is!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/wafas-forest-hills-2



No comments:

Post a Comment