Saturday, April 14, 2012

Baked by Melissa

I have to blog about a delicious dessert that I have at least once a week. Its right by my office, and my vendors always bring them in. Baked by Melissa is a cupcake shop that only makes mini, quarter-sized, cupcakes. Melissa's shop began because she hated her job as an assistant media planner, and her brother told her to bake cupcakes - mini-sized. And voila! These little babies were born. Now they're the new craze, getting press left and right and expanding locations. And the kicker... she's only 25! I wish I thought of this idea! Each cupcake ranges from 70-90 calories and I think that's a lot for something so tiny. But it only makes sense that they are probably made with a lot of butter because they're very moist (and delicious). My personal favorite is peanut butter and jelly on the top right! My second favorite is tie-dye, row 1, column 2, 2nd and 3rd one down. Try them all! But be careful, because they're like potato chips - once you have one, you can't stop! I have to force myself to stop at #3 :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment