Sunday, April 22, 2012

Rome Day 2 - Castle & Carnivale

After the Vatican, I headed to the ancient castle that's a few minutes away. In fact, it was built so close because there is a secret passageway that leads from inside the Vatican walls to the castle walls to protect the Pope in case he faces any danger. The views are one of the best in Rome and its worth it to climb to the top. I timed it to be here at sunset, and got the best view of the sun setting over Rome. After, I walked long the Tiber river to Piazza del Popolo (the People's Square) just to sight see. By luck, I caught the very end of Roma Carnivale! There was a horse show, flame throwers, dancers, and it was just one big festival. I wish I came sooner, but even watching the ending was magical.


















No comments:

Post a Comment