Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Siena - Dinner at Enoteca I Terzi

This was one of the best restaurants I tried in Italy. One thing about me - I do a very thorough research before I travel to make sure I'm seeing the best and especially... eating the best. At the first bite, I instantly knew Tuscan cuisine would be 100 times better than Roman food.  Don't get me wrong - the pizza in Rome was good, but this is on a whole other level! This restaurant is frequently changing their menu to whatever is fresh for that day. They have an extensive handmade pasta list and main course options including sucking pig. I got there around 6pm or so and the restaurant was closed (I guess for Siesta). I waited around 2 hours just for it to open. And it was well worth the wait! The Pasta special of the day was penne with ricotta and radicchio and the meat special was straccetti with artichoke and potatoes. Both were amazing! I also tried this heavenly artichoke-stuffed puff pastry that was quite possibly the best thing I ever ate. The other entree I tried was suckling pig that was pretty good also. If you're ever in Siena, go here! But Ill let the photos speak for themselves... Tuscany is off to a VERY good start!

Enoteca I Terzi


Via dei Termini, 7  53100 Sienna, Italy
0577 44329








2 comments:

  1. I absolutley share your same passion for food, and man I am starving now.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah! Im so glad my posts are making an impact on your appetite! Please continue reading- theres many more food and recipe posts to come! :)

    ReplyDelete